Health & Safety
- Adhering to and managing safety on site including organising inductions and delivering effective Toolbox Talks.
- Understand and deliver Risk Assessments and Method Statements for the work being carried out and monitor
compliance throughout life cycle of project and identify and submit and changes.
- Ensure PPE is fit for purpose, Firetec branded and worn as required to meet minimum standards.
- Ensure all Health & Safety regulations are adhered to. Where possible qualified to SMSTS minimum standard.
- Identify shortfalls and risks associated with works and take appropriate actions to stop or re-assess system of work.
- Ensure high standard of quality of works to meet the specification requirements ‘first time’ and minimise rework. (Specification / Drawings / Fire Stopping Details & Test Evidence)
- Set site operatives to tasks based on their levels of skill and experience.
- Monitor quality of works for all operatives and adjust or identify possible training opportunities if required.
- Managing of ‘other’ subcontractors were necessary (M&E) and their interface with Fire Stopping Works
- Understand and implement Inspection & Test Plans (ITP’s), Sign Off, Hold Points
- Complete and seek sign off for Firetec Handover documents from site management.
- Able to interpret and apply standard construction issue drawings, and the relevance and impact associated with
revised drawings on a drawing register.
- Able to survey and/or visually inspect areas prior to works to identify possible risks or delays caused by faults with
the substrates / services or other trades.
- Able to understand that a programme of works is in place and Firetec’s obligations to meet it.
- Supervising the allocation of duties to Site Operatives to meet programme requirements.
- Planning schedule of works effectively in co-ordination with Firetec and the Main Contractors expectations
Coordinating with Senior Managers (Firetec & Main Contractors) on managing site activities and advise them of any
items which may impact/change the contract program.
- Ability to ‘look ahead’ to ensure that areas are released and clear of others trades ahead of Firetec commencing
work to those areas.
Other / Records
- Identifying and requisitioning Site Equipment/Plant and Materials to ensure completion of works.
- Understand and maintain daily records of site activities to produce information and progress reports where required.
- Understanding in the use of Site Audit Pro and issuing to Firetec Contracts/Commercial Director’s as required.
- Assist with the submission, completion & review of record sheets for your teams prior to being sent into the office
in a timely manner.
Able to identify when a change in contracted works is needed or requested and the process required in seeking
- Represent Firetec by attending on site meetings as required by main contractors to report daily and forward works
with the conviction to raise concerns or problems affecting programme or quality of Firetec works.